About Our Fleet
2002 Cessna 172SP: N5286L
Rate: $150/hour (including fuel)
If you’re going to start with just one airplane, you really can’t do much better than a Cessna 172, the most manufactured airplane in history – and it’s still being produced. That’s right, more 172s have been built (50,000+ since it was first introduced in 1956) than any other aircraft of any type – civilian or military. That qualifies as a proven design.
While technological advances have brought amazing changes to the instrument panel, structurally, very little has changed over the years. Many consider the 172 to be the best trainer ever built.
5286L rolled off the line in 2002. In airplane years, that makes it on the newer side. Given the meticulous maintenance requirements, airplanes can safely fly for decades.
5286L also qualifies as a Technically Advanced Airplane (TAA) per FAR §61.129(j). This allows us to use it for both commercial and CFI training.
2002 Cessna 172SP
- Lycoming IO-360-L2A (180 BHP at 2700 RPM)
- 76″ McCauley Fixed Pitch Propeller
- 53 gallons usable fuel
Empty Weight: 1700 lbs
- MTOW: 2550 lbs
- Useful Load: 850 lbs
- Useful Load with Full Fuel: 532 lbs
Stall w/ Flaps
Stall w/o Flaps
Abrupt 1900 LBS
Abrupt Full Gross
- Airspeed Indicator
- Vertical Speed Indicator
- Turn Coordinator
- Garmin GNS 430-WAAS
- Garmin GTX330 Transponder with TIS-A
- Garmin MX20 MFD
- BendixKing 155A Nav/Com (Radio #2)
- BendixKing KMA 26 Audio/Intercom/Marker Beacon Receiver
- KAP140 Auto Pilot
- Aspen 1000 Pro PFD
- Garmin GDL-88 Dual-link Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) ADS-B “In” and “Out”
- Garmin Flightstream 210 Bluetooth Link to iPad
- Attitude Indicator (gyro, backup)