International Students

Important details for International Students.

Home » International Students

Do you have to be a US Citizen to take flying lessons?

You do not need to be a US citizen to take flying lessons in the USA. However, if you do not have a valid/current US Passport, an official copy of a US Birth Certificate or a Naturalization Certificate, you must obtain an authorization to begin flight training through the Flight Training Security Program (FTSP). A Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) is not sufficient.
What is flight school like?
Play Video
Get Started

Tailwinds offers a unique approach and reliable information, that you can use to make informed decisions about pilot training.

Tailwinds Flight School

Northeast Philadelphia Airport
9800 Ashton Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19114

Phone: 215-677-1240

Ready to get started?

Are you ready to take the next step. Let’s connect to talk about your flight training goals and how Tailwinds Flight School can provide you the ultimate flight training.