Ground School is a catch-all term for any flight training that happens on the ground. It can take several forms:
- Ground lessons (or Ground Instruction) usually refers to ground-based training sessions with your instructor. Using a white board and other teaching aides, this is where you will have the initial presentation of new material. Ground Lessons include pre-flight and post-flight briefings.
- FAA Knowledge Test Prep courses are often called Ground School. These typically follow a tight syllabus that aligns with the test guidelines provided by the FAA. These courses are generally taught to the test. They may be offered in a once-a-week format or accelerated over a long weekend.
- Some school offer courses or single presentations on a topic of interest to pilots. These might include a course on aviation meteorology or a single presentation on developing your radio skills.
FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test Weekly Test-Prep Seminar*
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Dates: July 22,29 / Aug 6,13,20,27 / Sep. 3,10,17,24 / Oct 7
Northeast Philadelphia Airport
9800 Ashton Rd.
Philadelphia, PA 19114
* Class is dependent on minimum enrollment of 6 participants.
For more information call us at 215-677-1240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This weekly course is designed to help prepare the student pilot to pass the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge (“Written”) Test. The seminar covers all knowledge requirements as outlined in FAR Part 61.105b, including:
- Aerodynamics / Principles of Flight
- Aircraft Systems
- Flight Instruments
- Aircraft Limitations and Performance
- Airport Procedures and Operations
- National Airspace Systems
- Cross Country Flight Planning
- Weather Theory & Weather Services
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Using the E6B Flight Computer
- Test-Taking Tips and Strategies
- Practice Test
Tuition: $499 Includes:
- Gleim Private Pilot FAA Knowledge Test book
- Knowledge Test Supplement (FAA-CT-8080-2G)
- All day beverage service & snacks
You’ll also need (for this course and for your flight training):
- 2019 FAR/AIM (Federal Aviation Regulations / Aeronautical Information Manual)
- Electronic E6B
- Navigational Plotter
- Washington Sectional Chart
You can purchase these on your own and bring them, or we can provide them to you for $79.
Howard Cooper is Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) with a Master’s Degree in Education and over 25 years of classroom experience. He is passionate about flying and is a master teacher. His presentations are packed with information, fun and easy to understand.
Register now for our upcoming course. We do not accept payments through the website. You will be contacted by Tailwinds prior to the start of the course.